Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #235238

, , | Unfiltered | May 27, 2021

(I am a young, petite female working in a hardware store, however, I am not a sales associate. My job is primarily to downstock product and to change price labels to reflect current ads, and am technically not even employed by the company. I have worked in the same store for over a year, and will attempt to help customers if I am approached and have some extra time, but I’m not exclusively trained in one department, so I frequently have to ask customers to sit tight while I find a sales associate in their department.

Situations like this happen more often than I appreciate.)

Me: *Changing labels close to a customer*

Customer: “Excuse me miss, I’m looking for [item].”

*I vaguely understand what he is looking for, and am running ahead of schedule, so I bring him to the section where the items are located*

Customer: “Thank you, I’m looking for…” *He starts explaining, but what hes asking for is beyond me*

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry. This isn’t my department, and I’m not sure what you’re asking for. Let me find the associate for you.”

*I find and send the sales associate to the customer, and return to what I was doing. About a minute later, the associate walks past me.*

Associate: “That customer you sent me to? I already helped him. He just wanted to talk to you.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!