Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #231054

, , | Unfiltered | April 8, 2021

(I shop at a grocery store known for having customers bag their own groceries and use a guarter to unlock a cart. My son takes an unexpected nap so I rush to the store and get my shopping done as quickly as I can. As I’m bagging my groceries, I talk briefly to a nice middle aged woman with three children. She rushes off when her kids begin to misbehave not far away from us. At the same time, my husband texts me to let me know our son woke up. When I pulled my phone out, I accidentally pulled my chapstick out with it and it rolled away. After retrieving my chapstick, I begin to quickly bag my groceries.)

Woman: “Excuse me, miss, but that isn’t your cart!”

(I think nothing of it and continue packing.)

Woman: *closer and more forceful* “Excuse me, miss, but that isn’t your cart!”

(I finally look up and see a woman staring right at me from only three feet away. She looks very angry and is tapping her foot with her arms crossed. Embarrassed, I take a step back a moment before looking at the cart. It IS my cart with my purse and personal bags in it.

Me: “I’m very sorry, ma’am, but there must be some mistake. This is my cart.”

(I go back to bagging.)

Woman: *huffing loudly, she grabs my cart and jerks it* “Listen here you little b**ch, I know this is not your cart. This cart belongs to that lovely mother over there. No one your age eats healthy! Get away or I will have you arrested for stealing! Go get your cart filled with crap!” *she points to the mother’s cart, which definitely has sweets in it but also has really great stuff as well.*

(Before I can say anything, the mother comes back to HER cart with her oldest child. Not paying us any mind, she grabs her cell phone out of her purse and calls a number.

Mother: *thrusting the phone in her son’s hands* “Now tell your father what you did!”

(I look back at the woman who backs up in horror. Her face turns red and she runs, leaving a small bag behind. I notice one employee rolling her eyes so I shrug it all off, finish what I’m doing, and leave. I actually ran into the woman again, several months later when I had my son with me. She turned red and walked the other direction!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!