Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #226530

, , | Unfiltered | February 24, 2021

Quote:
I work for a large chain supermarket, something that rivals Walmart in America except they have opened smaller shops locally to be more convenient for our customers.

While working the till I was serving an older gentleman, packing his bags and random chit chat I thought he was already to go when he stopped and put his bags back on the desk.

Man : I went up to your main store yesterday and I bought a TV that said it was 40 inches on the box but when I got it home I measured it and it’s only 35 inches. That can’t be right that, because the box says 40 and it’s only 35. That’s false advertising that.

I was a little taken aback because it’s not something I am trained to handle when the customer asks a random colleague in a small express.

Me : How did you measure it?

Man : I measured it like this.

He lifts up his arms and demonstrates him measuring it from side to side, I saw the problem immediately.

Me : yer, you have to measure it from the bottom left corner to the top right corner.

The customer looked really confused by my suggestion.

Man : Why would I measure it like that? It’s false advertising saying it’s 40 inches when it’s not.

Me : Only because that’s how they do it with monitors and TV’s otherwise you’d have a really long TV and the top’s of people’s heads would be missing.

I demonstrated by holding out the dimension with my hands but he still looked sceptical.

Me : I promise that’s how they do it with TV’s, you can still call customer service when you get home or go and talk to customer service in the main store they would be able to help you better than I can.

The man still looked sceptical, gathered his bags and left.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!