Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #213133

, , | Unfiltered | October 27, 2020

(I’ve just had my gallbladder out. I’ve just been moved out of recovery into a room. The nurse on duty brings me a dinner tray. It is loaded with high-fat foods my surgeon had banned me from eating, and a soda.)

Me: Um…are you sure this is my tray?

Nurse #1: Yes! This is all safe for you to eat. Enjoy!

Me: Well, ok…

(I’m not hungry, but I know I have to eat or drink something, so I pop open the soda and take a sip. Approximately 90 seconds later, I am throwing up into a basin. Another nurse walks in.)

Nurse #2: Hi, I’m [Name], and- Oh no! Ok, let me take care of that basin. *switches it out and grabs a wet cloth* You’re ok. Your digestive system is still extremely sensitive. I see they brought you some food. What did you eat? I’ll make sure they don’t send that to you again.

Me: All I did was take a sip of that soda. *points*

Nurse #2: Oh, no. You’re not supposed to have soda. *looks closer at the food tray* You’re not supposed to have any of this! I am so sorry. I’ll get you some Jell-o.

(She cleans everything up and heads out the door. Just before the door shuts, I hear her shout…)

Nurse #2: ALL RIGHT! Which one of you gave a gallbladder patient a high-fat and high-sugar dinner tray?!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!