Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #195812

, | Unfiltered | June 2, 2020

(It’s the rush hour right now. I am helping a customer with there order when a lady who has been helped by my coworker starts yelling. I get into the problem as soon as my customer has been helped.)

Lady: I don’t want it anymore, I demand a refund!

Me: *To coworker* What’s the problem?

Coworker: She wants a refund because the drink isn’t the color she wanted it to be.

(Turns out the lady wanted her drink with strawberries and green veggies to turn out green in color. But the simple and true fact is, when mixed with the right amount of the required strawberries and veggies, it will always turn brown. Red + green = brown.)

Me: *Turning to the customer and looking at her half-empty cup* I apologize for the way your drink turned out. But I’m afraid I can’t refund you when you’ve already drunk half the cup. But I am allowed to and will be more than happy to make you another drink. This time, I can even add in a [supplement that turns the drink green] for free, ma’am. It will help the drink become.. green in color.

Lady: I don’t care for another one, just refund me my drink already!

(This goes on for a few minutes until the lady becomes violent in her gestures and starts to curse. She calls security on us because we apparently ‘stole money’ from her. Security comes by and ignores the lady, telling us not to worry about her. They inform her that there is nothing they can do, and it’s our store policy to not refund already drunk drinks.)

Lady: That’s it, I’m calling the cops!

(The lady calls the cops, all the while glaring at us for doing our job. The cops never showed up in the end and she begins to yell at us again. There is a huge line of customers and my coworker finally gives up and refunds her. She accidentally drops a coin as she is handing it to the lady.)

Lady: Don’t throw the d*** money at me, b****! I will call your manager for this! I’m never giving you any buisiness ever again!

(Thank goodness, lady! Please don’t ever come back. By the way, she took the drink she was complaining about in the end after she recieved her refund. Looks like she just wanted a free drink and was making a huge commotion for it.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!