Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #192477

, | Unfiltered | April 27, 2020

(I work in one store of a franchised fast-food chain. This particular incident happened at the start of a 3 day long weekend. Unfortunately, we had run out of a few products already & we were unable to get any more stock in until the Distribution Center reopened the day after that weekend. This included one ingredient to one promotional (limited time/while stocks last) item that was to finish that day that the DC was open anyway.)

Me (on the Drive Thru): “Hello, welcome to xxxx. What can I get for you today”

Customer: “I would like xxx, *promo item*, and xxx”

Me *most polite & apologetic as I can* “Sorry Sir, we have sold out of *certain ingredient for that item*,” to which I offer similar items.

Customer: “Are you f***ing kidding me?! That’s the one f***ing thing I came in for! You’ve made me sit in this f***ing queue for 40 f***ing minutes! You lot are always f***ing useless. You should have signs up”

(We are an extremely busy restaurant at any given time. We serve 1/2 of this city, after a certain time when the malls etc. around us shut. This is also an extremely busy night, on a holiday weekend. We were busy, yes; but in no way was he sitting in that queue for any longer than 6 minutes.)

Me, still polite as all hell: “I’m sorry Sir, we have only just sold out the last of *promo ingredient* and we are unable to get any more from any other stores. For the exact same price, I can get you *the other similar items I already offered*.”

Customer raises his voice now. Customer starts ranting and raving about how he’s had multiple successful businesses and how he knows to run businesses & maintain stock levels and, and and…..

Me, still polite but a little more aggravated: “Sorry Sir. If your order is otherwise correct on the screen in front of you, it is $20.50. Please drive up to the first window when you can. Thank you”

When he does get to the window he’s still having a go about this one product. I apologize again, explaining that the product has been so popular (so basically we had no way of knowing it would sell so well). This seems to placate him somewhat.

He then, after all that ranting & raving about business, is unable to pay for his items as his EFTPOS (debit card payment system) card declines on him. “Oh, that… that’s the wrong card” he states; and then hands me $21 in change.

tl;dr: A-hole customer makes a t**t out of himself & I had to try not to laugh in his face.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!