Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #192289

, , | Unfiltered | April 21, 2020

I’m in the middle of my shift at a wireless store, when a middle aged lady walks in. After greeting her and going through the usual pleasantries, I ask her what brings her in today.

Customer: “I’m looking to upgrade my phone.”

Me: “Awesome. We can definitely help you out with that. Did you have any particular phones in mind?”

Customer: “I definitely don’t want a smart phone.”

Me: “Fair enough… So, what are wanting your new phone to be able to do for you?”

Customer: “Well…. I want to be able to make calls, and send texts. Also, I’d like to be able to use the internet. I do stuff on my computer like Pinterest, eBay and Facebook. So I’d like to be able to check those on my phone as well.”

Me: “Okay ma’am… Well…”

Customer: (Cutting me off) “OH, and I play Candy Crush on Facebook, and I want to play that when I’m not at home too.”

Me: “Alright. Considering everything you just said you’d like to be able to do on your phone, I would DEFINITELY recommend going with a smart phone. That way you’ll be able to do all those things you just mentioned.”

Customer:”Didn’t you hear me? I said I don’t want a smart phone.”

Me: “No, I heard you ma’am. It’s just, based on all the things you said you’d like to be able to do with your phone, a smart phone would be your best option.”

Customer: “You salespeople are all the same!!! Always trying to rip people off by making them spend more money!! I plainly said that I didn’t want a smart phone, and now you’re trying to shove one down my throat!!!!”

Me: “No ma’am, that’s not the case at all, I just…”

Customer: “You know what? Just NEVER MIND. This is ridiculous!”

– Customer walks out

Me: “What the hell just happened??”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!