Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #191742

, , | Unfiltered | April 10, 2020

Customer: *puts very old and disgusting flip flops onto my counter as well as a receipt* *stares at me*
Me: *confused* What can I help you with?
Customer: Well I bought these not even 3 weeks ago and they are already ruined! The girl who sold them to me told me that there’s a warranty!
Me: Well if there is that would be through the company itself, and not through us.
Customer: Well the girl told me! YOU need to call the company and work it out with them!
Me: Well I don’t have the number for the company and it would most likely be online so I can’t do anything.
Customer: WELL THEN WHAT WILL YOU DO FOR ME?!
Me: Okay one second
(I go and grab my manager to let her deal with this guy. He then frustratedly explains his situation to her)
Manager: There’s nothing that I can do for you sir, we don’t do returns, and we can’t do anything about the warranty.
Customer: Let me talk to the owner!
Manager: He’s right there, feel free.
*Customer goes to yell at the owner*
Manager to Me: We haven’t had those style of flip flops for at least a year, his receipt is for a sweatshirt.
(The customer is standing by the counter with the owner who is now on the phone with the flip flop company asking about a warranty and the shoes themselves. Apparently the company had never and has never had warranties on their shoes, and they don’t make the flip flops he brought in anymore and haven’t for years.)
Customer: THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I’ll be back on Friday to talk to someone else! *leaves*
Owner: If he comes back turn him away, and if need be ban him from the store.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!