Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #184535

, , | Unfiltered | February 2, 2020

(I’m mostly through serving a middle-age gentleman a take-away lasagne. Up until now, the transaction has been pleasant and I feel I’ve been a helpful and kind server, letting him know of various options and answering his high volume of questions in a patient manner.)

Me: “Okay, so just the lasagne and the energy drink today?”

Customer: *mutters something unintelligible*

Me: “Sorry?”

Customer: *mutters some more*

Me: “I’m sorry, I’m having trouble hearing you. What are you saying?”

Customer: *more muttering*

(I decide not to push the matter and give him his total. The customer continues to mutter under his breath, but I can’t make out any of what he’s saying.)

Me: “Here’s your change. Enjoy your meal!”

Customer: *mutters some more, staring at me*

Me: “I’m sorry, I can’t hear what you’re saying.”

(I then lean forward really close so I can hear him.)

Customer, in an angry voice: I said ‘why are you in such a b*tchy mood?’.

I am utterly taken-aback, especially since he sounds so angry and I’ve never really received complaints before.

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t realise that’s how I was coming across.”

Customer: “I didn’t ask for an apology. I asked why you’re in such a b*tchy mood.”

Me: “Well, I don’t know what to say. I’m not in a bad mood. I’m sorry if that’s how it’s seemed.”

Customer: “Nah, you’re just a b*tch.”

Me: “Um…well, I’m sorry you feel that way. I thought I was being quite nice. Anyway, here’s your lasagne. I really hope you enjoy it.”

(The customer grumbled some more and then walked off scowling. But I noticed him standing outside staring at me for several minutes afterwards. It was actually rather scary!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!