Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #181221

, , | Unfiltered | January 4, 2020

(I work at a popular bakery-cafe chain. On Sundays, we close at 8:00.)
(At 7:15, an elderly couple walks in and orders coffees and pastries. They are very polite.)
Wife: You ran out of half & half, but since it’s so close to closing time, could you fill a cup of it? I wouldn’t want you to waste it by filling up the pitcher again.
Coworker: Oh, thank you for letting me know! I’ll do that for you. *fills cup*
Customer: *pours her coffee, adds half & half* Could you please refill the cup? That way I don’t have to bother you again when I go for my second cup of coffee.
(Our coffee is self serve with free refills)
Later, after closing time. My coworker has just finished going around the restaurant making sure no one else is there.
I hear someone sigh loudly from behind me.
Wife: You should have warned me! You knew I was coming back for more coffee!
Coworker: Ma’am, I just checked the restaurant for customers. I didn’t see you.
Wife: Well, you didn’t look! Now make me coffee!
Me: We can’t do that now.
Wife: Sure you can! Just go in the back and pour me a cup!
Me: We make our coffee by the pot. I cannot brew an entire pot just to pour you a cup. It would be a waste.
Wife: You’re lying! You have a Keurig!
Me: *speechless*
Coworker #2: Ma’am, I don’t know where you got the idea that we have a Keurig, but we don’t. We can only brew a full pot.
Wife: Just pour the rest down the drain.
Coworker #1: We CANNOT make coffee now. Please leave.
Wife: *huffs and puffs the entire way out the door* THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Husband: *mouths “I’m sorry”before slowly following*
Coworker #2: That was the most passive aggressive thank you I have ever received…

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!