Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #160110

, , | Unfiltered | August 14, 2019

(Toward’s the end of summer, we have a small “block party” to honor a prominent historical figure, which brings a lot of tourism to our town. I work at an Italian restaurant just one block away. Needless to say, we are very busy. Also worth noting, it was my first week working there and had just learned to take orders over the phones.)
Me: *answering the phone* “Thank you for calling [Name of Restaraunt] how may I help you?”
Customer: “Yes, I would like…” *trails off*
Me: “I’m sorry ma’am, I did not catch what you said. Could you please repeat that?”
Customer: “Ugh, I SAID *mumbling*”
Me: “I’m sorry ma’am, I still could not understand you. Could you repeat your order, please?”
This goes on for multiple exchanges. She always seems to trail off before her order, or she doesn’t even speak at all. Then, she snaps.
Customer: “Okay, listen here you deaf moron, I’m going to repeat myself one last time. If you cannot hear me, I will hang up and call again. Let someone more competent answer the phone.”
Me: “I apologize ma’am, what would you like today?”
Customer: “For the last godd*** time, a…” *long exhale*
Me: “I’m sorry ma’am, I believe the phone may have cut out.”
Customer: *click*
I turn to my coworker and inform him that a rather angry elderly woman would be calling for delivery and is not capable of finishing sentences. True to her word, she calls back within a minute and screams her order into the phone multiple times: half of a fish sub. My coworker handled it very well, even though he may have been deaf in one ear after.
Coworker: “Yeah. Welcome to Hell.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!