Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #155550

, , , | Unfiltered | June 26, 2019

(I work at a members’ bar inside a well-known stadium. A “footy” game is currently on, and the home team doesn’t seem to be doing well, thus making everyone at the stadium cranky. Which is not fun, especially when you’re serving drunk people.

I should also note that Brisbane has a local beer brewery called XXXX and we stock three different types of their beer: XXXX Gold is a mid-strength beer and is the most popular product in the bar, XXXX Bitter is a dark lager, and XXXX Summer is a pale ale.)

Me: “Hi, what can I get for you?
Customer: “Get me XXXX!”

(Since most customers ask for the XXXX Gold, I grabbed a bottle and uncapped it for him.)

Me: “That’ll be $7.50, Sir.”
Customer: “No! Not that! XXXX!” *pointing angrily to a different side of the fridge*
Me: “Oh, did you mean the Bitter, Sir?”
Customer: “No, that’s XXXX! This is Gold!” *pointing to the opened bottle of XXXX Gold in front of him*
Me: “Very well, Sir. $7.50 please.” *uncaps the XXXX Bitter*

(The customer paid and left. We ended up having to throw away the opened XXXX Gold bottle because we closed up not long after that customer left. Luckily my supervisor was very understanding and wrote it off as spoilage because “the bottle was broken”!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!