Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #155127

, , | Unfiltered | June 21, 2019

Me: Sorry for the wait. We’re a little understaffed because of a catering event and I am training a new bartender while serving. She’s been a bartender before, just needs to get used to things here! So our soups today are a tomato based seafood chowder, a chilled beet and a garlic eggplant. Can I start you off with anything?

Lady #1: I’ll have the beet soup. And a dirty martini over rocks.

Lady #2: I’ll take the tomato one… And a dirty martini too. But up.

(We’re swamped and understaffed with no host and down two servers so it takes a bit but I get their soups and drinks out and take entrée orders. After a bit I go to check on them…)

Lady #1: Excuse me, my martini tastes like soap.

Lady #2: And you didn’t tell me this was seafood.

Me: Err… Uhh.. I’m sorry let me take those back. Can I get you a salad or anything instead of soup? And another drink?

(She orders another drink, finally their entrées are out…)

Lady #1: You know what, I really wanted my dressing on the side.

(It’s a kale salad and the dressing needs to be pretty much massaged into the leaves or it can get bitter. I take it back anyways. Not even a minute later the lady who’s “martini tasted like soap” comes back saying they didn’t like anything and are just leaving. I send a manager over, head to the kitchen and ask the chef if she has any clue what just happened.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!