Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #154715

, , , | Unfiltered | June 11, 2019

(I work for a department store that is very, very generous about their return policy.)

Me: Hello, how can I help you today?
Customer: Well I wanted to exchange these pajamas. After I washed them, I noticed a large hole near the shoulder.

(I’m used to seeing items like this all the time, so for me it’s not a big deal. I asked her for the other pair that she wants to exchange for. The customer pulls out a packaged 4 piece pajama set and I notice that she only brought 2 pieces from her set and not all of the items.)

Me: Do you have the entire set with you? Not just the one shirt and pants?
Customer: I just want to exchange this half. Can’t you just take it off the hanger?
Me: I’m sorry ma’am but in order to do an exchange, I would need the entire set, I can’t just give you part of a set.
Customer: But I only need this half.
Me: Again, I’m sorry but I can’t do that for you.
Customer: Really?

(I put the undamaged pajama set on hold for her and showed her that it would be behind the counter. I never knew if she came back in or not.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!