Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #117413

, | Unfiltered | July 23, 2018

I work as a waitress at a popular restaurant. One day a family comes in consisting of a father, a mother, an cute older son my age, and a younger boy. It’s the parents anniversary. The younger boy gets really excited and talks a little loud, but not disruptively, and flaps his arms about. The arms flapping is what drew my attention.

They take their seats and look over the menu. That is until the woman having dinner with her daughter and daughter’s fiancée beside them decides to speak.

Woman: Is there something wrong with your son?

Mother: (taken aback) He’s autistic.

Woman: What did you bring him in here for? I came to have a nice evening with my family and now I have to listen to your screaming kid.

Young son: (confused) I’m not screaming.

Woman: Am I talking to you?! No, shut up.

Father: That was uncalled for. He hasn’t done anything wrong.

Woman: (glares) Yet.

I went to find the senior staff member, but she had a family emergency and had to leave, so I spoke to security and told them I was going to intervene. A few patrons intercept me on my way and complain about the woman being too loud.

Me: (Walks over to the two tables) Is everything alright.

Woman: Finally, some help. I want this family removed. Their autistic (slur) has been screaming while I’m trying to eat. It is very distracting and annoying.

Another important note is that I’m autistic as well, and I notice she is waving her hands about and avoiding eye contact.

Me: Are you aware that avoiding eye contact is a sign of autism?

Woman: What?! I’m not autistic.

Me: It’s also a sign of lying.

Woman: And blindness.

Me: I served your table and you read the menu perfectly fine. Other common autistic traits are flapping, and talking loudly. Both of which you were doing.

Woman: (Stands up an shouts) I am not autistic! Autistic (slur)s are demon children. They’re all going to hell. I am a good Christian woman. The demons can’t make me autistic.

Me: One, that’s not who it works. Two, so, you hate those with autism?

Woman: Obviously.

Me: He who does not love does not know God because God is love.

Woman: Love what is good and hate what is bad.

Me: Love thy neighbour. Love thy enemy. He who has not sinned my throw the first stone. Even Jesus loved those and healed those actively possessed but demons. He even healed the ear of a man who would be involved in his death, and that man had nothing wrong with him. Now, you’re telling me this little boy is going to hell for something he can’t change.

Woman: God can heal him.

Pastor (he was sitting listening): When Job was sick and lost everything, he prayed for help from God. But, God didn’t intervene because he was allowing Satan to test him. He had leprosy. Perhaps God is testing this family and your words are certainly not making it any easier. Also, that kid has behaved very kindly and good this evening, two fruitages of the spirit, while you have been very hateful and angry.

Woman: Well, I… They’re not even Christian.

Me: And, your example will make them convert, how?

The woman screams in a huff and marches out, leaving her daughter and fiancée.

Me: (To the family) I’m sorry for that.

Mother: It’s not your fault. That isn’t an uncommon thing.

Me: If it is of any condolence, I’m autistic as well.

She started crying and the daughter of the woman decided to pay their bill. The pastor also spoke to me and said he would have intervened earlier, but I beat him to it. And, he was impressed. Guess who else turned out to be autistic! The older son! We’re getting married!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!