Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #105869

, , | Unfiltered | February 16, 2018

(My coworker, who answers our office’s only public number, relayed this to me. Our number is very close to a company’s public number and we get a lot of misdirected calls. The voicemail for this number clearly states that we are a government agency.)

Coworker: “Hello, this is [government agency], [office] helpdesk. How can I help you?”

Caller: “Yes, I’ve called your number several times, but there’s no way to dial an extension, how come?”

Coworker: *thinking that maybe the caller was trying to reach one of our staff* “Well, this number is a helpdesk, so only one person answers the calls. Who are you trying to reach?”

Caller: “I’m trying to reach Maggie.”

Coworker: “I’m sorry, there is no Maggie here. Were you trying to reach [company with similar number]?”

Caller: “Yes.”

Coworker: “You dialed the wrong number; it’s an easy thing to do. Here’s the correct number.” *gives number*

Caller: “You should say what company you’re with in your message!”

Coworker: “Actually, we do. If you want to call our number again, you can check.”

Caller: “Never mind, I’ll just call [company].”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!