Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Got Their Card

, | Working | July 8, 2015

(This restaurant chain recently has come out with a taco that has a seasoning from a famous line of chips. I decide to try something since they have a habit of accommodating requests.)

Me: “Hi! I’d like to get the [Taco in soft shell separated by cheese], but can I use the [New Taco] instead of the regular?”

Cashier: “Sure! It’s just $0.30 more.”

(I happily pay for the difference. When I pick up my food, and take off the wrapper, I nearly bite in, and then look at it.)

Me: “I don’t… What is this?”

Friend: “What is it?”

Boyfriend: “Did they leave the cardboard stand on the taco!?”

Me: “I, uh… I guess so. Let me see what I can do.”

(I go up to the counter, after peeling away some of the soft taco and cheese. I show it to the cashier who promptly bursts out laughing.)

Cashier: *to the back* “Who left the d*** cardboard on the shell in the [Item I ordered]!?” *to me* “I’m sorry about that, honey. We’ll get a new one right out!”

(I got a new one a few minutes later along with complimentary dessert. Guess someone really wasn’t paying attention after all!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!