Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Can Lead A Horse To Water

| Right | April 19, 2017

(I am at a well-known taco place. A customer orders two tacos and a supreme fry, on which they can save some money by adding a drink. Cue window conversation.)

Me: “To give you the option, if you just wanted to add a drink, that’d be only [cheaper price] instead of [price].”

Customer: *thinking* “Can I get anything else instead of the drink?”

Me: “No, I’m afraid we can’t make substitutions for that.”

Customer: *thinking some more* “Nah, I’ll just stick with what I have.”

Me: “All right, that’s [price].”

(I cash the order out, give the customer their change, and, shortly, bring their food down and hand it to them.)

Customer: “So I’d save a dollar if I got a drink with that?”

Me: “Yes, that’s correct.”

Customer: “I’ll take a [Drink], then!”

(After a few moments of trying to decide what to do, I give him the same drink that was already poured for the next customer in line.)

Me: “I’ll just give it to you this time, because your order is already cashed out, but keep in mind for the next time you’re through that if you want the cheaper price, you’ll have to order a drink with the rest of your food.”

Customer: *pause* “Don’t I get a dollar back?”

Me: “The drink is normally [price], but I’m giving it to you for free.”

Customer: *gives me a confused, annoyed look, and drives off!*

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!