Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sixty Degrees Of Strange

, | Right | April 18, 2017

(I work at a very well known pizza chain answering phones.I get this call one night from a middle-aged female customer complaining about her delivery that she placed online. The phone rings.)

Me: “Hello, thanks for calling [Pizza Chain]. How can I help you?”

Customer: “Hi, I just got my order and you guys sent the wrong pizza.”

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry about that. It says here that you ordered an XL-Brooklyn style pizza. Is that correct?”

Customer: *talking to someone in background* “Did you guys order a Brooklyn pizza?” *to me* “Yeah, we ordered a Brooklyn pizza.”

Me: “All right, that’s what we have here in your order.”

Customer: “Well, how many slices is that cut into?”

Me: “Brooklyn style pizzas are always cut into six slices.”

Customer: “Okay… But there are only two slices left.”

Me: “I’m sorry?”

Customer: “There are only two slices left!”

Me: “Did you eat the rest of the pizza and there are only two slices left?”

Customer: “No! There are only two slices left!”

Me: “Did you get the pizza with only two slices left in the box?”

Customer: “No! My son took two slices and his girlfriend took two slices, and there are only two slices left!”

Me: “Ma’am… if your son took two slices, and his girlfriend took two slices, and there are only six slices in total, there are only going to be two slices left…”

Customer: “Oh… okay. Thank you!” *click*

Me: “…”

(I wasn’t sure if that was a serious call or a very strange prank. One thing for sure: I never thought I’d had to explain elementary school math to a middle-aged customer…)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!