Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Will Need Counseling After This

| Working | July 12, 2017

(I am working at a counseling center, where we help kids with behavior problems. I am relatively new, and one of the requirements for the job is to turn in progress notes, notes on how a child is doing. I get a note from my boss’s boss that she didn’t get some notes from me, and wants me to bring them specifically to her. I re-print them, and go to her office. I knock on the door. I hear chatting, and a little snickering, so I wait a few minutes. I have to leave to pick up some kids soon. I knock again, but the same deal, so I crack open the door and poke my head in and hold up some papers.)

Manager: “Yes?”

Me: “Hi, I’m sorry to interrupt, but I had a note that you wanted these brought to you. I did file them. I didn’t know if maybe a missed a step. I’m still getting used to everything. Sorry again!”

Manager: “Oh, it’s fine. They probably get misplaced. No big deal. Have a good day!”

Me: “Thanks! You, too!”

(I go to get the kids, take them to an event planned by said manager. It’s terrible. We are outside in 100+ degree weather with one small juice box per child. For five hours. I get back to the office and there is another note from the manager.)

Manager’s Note: “Your attitude this morning was completely insubordinate. If you ever act that way again, you will be terminated. That kind of behavior is rude and unacceptable. You should never bring this stuff to me. Go to your manager.”

(I quit the next day, and laughed when they asked if I wanted to give a letter of resignation.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!