Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When Life Forgets Your Lemons…

| Working | May 16, 2017

(I have ADHD and am chronically ill. Both of those conditions are hitting my executive functioning extra hard today. I spend a while trying to decide what I want; I consider a burger, but then decide on pork chops.)

Waitress: “And what would you like?”

Me: “I’d like the bacon cheeseburger, please.”

Waitress: “Sure, and what would you like for your sides?”

Me: “I… uh…” *freezes, suddenly remembering I had changed my mind* “I’m so sorry; I didn’t mean to order that. I got confused.”

Waitress: “It’s no problem!”

Me: “Can I make that the pork chops instead, with green beans and mashed potatoes? And can I have a strawberry lemonade as well? Thank you.”

Waitress: “Sure thing!”

(She takes everyone else’s orders. Our food comes, and we start eating. About half an hour later, she comes by with my strawberry lemonade.)

Waitress: “I’m so sorry. This is free. I’m really sorry.”

Me: “Oh… I… thanks?”

Waitress: “I just walked by your table and saw the drink menu and realized I never got you your drink! I’m so sorry it’s so late.”

Me: “That’s okay. I completely forgot I ordered it at all.”

(I don’t feel quite as bad for spacing out now, and she seemed very relieved I wasn’t upset!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!