Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wedding-Crash My Dreams

| Romantic | October 6, 2015

(My husband and I have gone on what has become an annual camping trip with a cycling group. We mainly stick to ourselves but have struck up a friendship with a woman on our second trip whom I notice is very smiley and pays extra attention to my husband. On our third trip she hangs around us, pretty much like a bad smell. We have all walked together to the centre where the showers are. Husband goes to the male showers while she and I head to the female ones.)

Friend: *a bit snottily* “You know, [Husband] is quite good looking. You really should marry him before someone else takes him from you.”

Me: “We are married.”

Friend: “What?! How long?” *looking crestfallen*

Me: “Over a year now, about 18 months.”

Friend: “But you aren’t wearing a ring.”

Me: “Not wearing a ring doesn’t mean I’m any less married. I can’t wear it with my cycling gloves anyway, and it’s safer at home.”

Friend: “But, but how is anyone to know you are married?”

(Funnily she stopped hanging around so much and didn’t turn up the next year.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!