Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Watchful Eye On Every Mistake

, , | Friendly | August 25, 2017

(I’m trying to get a monitor to connect properly with a video camera. I’m down in the orchestra pit making sure the camera stays on, while another stagehand fiddles with the settings on the monitors. There are other people working around us, and it’s hard for people on stage to hear people in the pit at the best of times, never mind in the wings, so I decide to text her rather than shouting. Let’s say her name is Lindsey. I have a Lindsay in my phone, so I think that must be her.)

My Text: “The camera is on.”

(I don’t get a reply for several minutes. When I look at my contacts again, I realize I have texted Lindsay rather than Lindsey. Then I realize how horrifying it would be to get that text out of context from someone you don’t text with regularly!)

Me: “I’m so sorry. I know how creepy that sounds. I texted the wrong person!”

Lindsay: “That’s okay!”

(Couldn’t. Stop. Laughing. And no, everyone else in the building didn’t clap, because they were all too busy to ask/care what I was laughing about.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!