Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Tempers Boiling

| Working | July 27, 2016

(I’m a waitress at a small tavern. I’m carrying a kettle to a table when I trip over a purse left in the middle of the tavern and spill boiling water over a customer’s leg. I brace myself for a very angry customer, thinking I’m going to get fired.)

Customer: *pouring a bottle of water over his leg* “Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?”

(My manager comes out apologising, demanding I apologise as well, raising his voice at me and being quite angry in general.)

Customer: “Why the h*** are you yelling at her? She tripped; it’s not her fault.”

(The customer then refused the free meal my manager offered, called an ambulance, but refused to leave until my manager assured him I would not be punished in any way.)

Manager: *to me* “Uh… sorry, but d***, I thought he’d sue the h*** out of us.”

Me: *still confused* “Some customers are very nice I guess.”

(The customer came in the next day, his leg wrapped in bandages, and asked if I had hurt myself, ate with us again, and left a generous tip!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!