Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Tearing Down Your Demands

, | Right | May 24, 2017

(I am standing in line at a gas station/convenience store. It’s fairly busy. While the cashier is waiting on the customer in front of me, a man comes in looking very upset.)

Man: “HEY!”

Cashier: “I’ll be right with you, sir. I need to finish with the people in line.”

Man: “No, I just need to wash my clothes. NOW!”

Cashier: “Sir, we’re a gas station. We don’t wash clothes.”

Man: “Why is the ‘laundry mat’ closed?”

Customer At Register: “The laundromat next door?”

Man: “Yes! Shut up! I’m talking to HIM!” *points at cashier*

Me: “The one that is being torn down?”

Man: “YES! Why is it closed? I need to wash my clothes!”

Cashier: “Sir, I really can’t help you. The building next door is not part of our business. It is being torn down. They are no longer in business.”

Man: “D*** it! Open it now! I have to wash these clothes. I have places to be. I’m in a hurry.” *he slams his fist on the counter and starts to lean over towards the cashier*

(By now the first customer has left. The cashier is looking tense. I put my items on the counter and step outside to call police. They arrive fairly quickly. The man is still inside, yelling. The police escort him outside; I pay for my things and return to my car. As I’m getting in the car I hear him.)

Man: “But the door is wide open! All the front windows are still there. They can’t be out of business or they would lock the door!”

Cop: “Sir, I’m pretty sure they aren’t locking the door because there’s literally only one wall still standing.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!