Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Customers Just Need To Be Cleared Out

, , | Right | January 1, 2024

We had a lady who used to go into the clearance (end of line) area of our craft department, where all sales are final and items could not be returned/refunded (unless faulty), and load up a basket of random-seeming items.

Then she’d come to the counter wanting the cashier staff to tell her whether or not EVERY SINGLE ITEM was a “good deal.”

Not only was she wasting everyone’s time, many items required other specific items to use (e.g. fancy cutting blades that only fit specific models of brand-name cutters) but trying to explain that or even asking if she had [insert specific requirement here] was like talking to a brick wall.

Unethical management allowed it because it was still up to the customer to choose what to spend their money on and the non-returnable items were sold, and the lady rarely made a fuss about not being able to return the junk.

Then the lady got a backup person who would come in with her sometimes to harass us about not accepting a return on whatever junk the lady had bought. What had been a long but eventually financially beneficial transaction then included lots of angry shouting from the accompanying person, threats of legal action, harassment of staff and most importantly disruption to other customers.

Finally, we were told the lady was not permitted to buy any clearance items at all.

Eventually, she stopped coming into our store.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!