Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Shut The Hades Up

| Related | October 7, 2013

(My eight-year-old son is obsessed with Greek mythology. He’s read a book I got him cover to cover. Over lunch, he is telling my five-year-old son and I stories about the gods and goddesses. His five-year-old brother is sat next to him, apparently listening attentively.)

Me: “Wow, [Five-Year-Old Son]. You really are liking these stories now.”

Five-Year-Old Son: “Shh…” *whispers* “I’m trying to pretend like I’m listening.”

Eight-Year-Old Son: “Who’s the god of war? Who’s the goddess of love? Who’s the god of—”

Five-Year-Old Son: “Who’s the god of annoying show-off?”

Eight-Year-Old Son: “That’s not in Greek mythology.”

Five-Year-Old Son: “God of annoying show off is [Eight-Year-Old Son]. It’s called GEEK mythology!”

Eight-Year-Old Son: “Oh yeah? The god of stupid and dumb and does-not-know-addition-and-subtraction is [Five-Year-Old Son]!”

Me: “This argument is going to end with you boys hugging each other for 60 minutes because Mommy, the goddess of screaming and harsh punishment, is about done playing referee.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!