Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Should Have Been An Open And Open Case

, , | Right | December 6, 2021

Me: “[Company], this is [My Name].”

Caller: “This is [Caller] from [Company], and I’m sure you can see the last order that we placed. We received four of the [item] but we only ordered two. What happened? I’d better not be charged for four of them!”

I have the order pulled up, and to me, it looks like we only shipped two. Accidents, happen though.

Me: “I’m sorry about that. I show that we list two on the order, and they should have shipped to you in two packages. You said you received four, though?”

Caller: “Wait, you shipped them in two packages?”

Me: “Yes, it looks like we only had one in stock in your normal warehouse, so we shipped the other from another warehouse slightly further away.”

This is all, of course, on the customer’s order confirmation, but I’ve been working here long enough to know that no one ever, ever reads the confirmation.

Caller: “Oh. Well. I received two packages, but I didn’t open them yet. Hold on.”

I hear a lot of shuffling and what sounds like two boxes being opened.

Caller: “Never mind.” *Click*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!