Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Salad With A Side Order Of Obnoxiousness

| Right | February 21, 2014

(I am a waitress at a pizza restaurant. We use a number system to place orders. Each ticket gets a number to put on their table for us to bring the food to them. My boss, the cook, has two different orders of the same salad, one small for table four, and one large for table five, which is supposed to be shared.)

Boss: *handing me the large* “This one goes to table four.”

(I take the salad to the table and come back to pick up the next order.)

Boss: *handing me the small* “Actually, this one goes to four. The other one goes to five.”

Me: “I took the other one to four already!”

Boss: “Then go get it back!”

(I go over to the table with the new salad. Luckily they have not eaten it yet.)

Me: “I’m very sorry, but I gave you the wrong salad. This one’s yours.”

Customer: “What’s the difference?”

Me: “The one I gave you is a large. It’s supposed to be shared. You ordered a small. The large is for the next table over.”

Customer: “Oh, okay.”

(The customer takes the small salad from me. I reach for the large salad, and the customer picks up her fork, licks it, and sticks it in the salad.)

Customer: “You gave it to me, so it’s mine. Where’s my pizza?”

Customer At The Other Table: “We’re still going to need that salad.”

(I was speechless. I went back to my boss and told him what happened. He then yelled at me for not stopping the customer. Then he refused to make another salad. Table five came back inside to get a refund on the salad, which meant the boss had to come over. I got yelled at again for ‘not making them pay for it.’ I quit after that.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!