Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Putting The Cuss Into Repercussions

| Right | April 8, 2013

(I overhear an employee and an older customer, who is accompanied by her grandson. She is trying to return an expensive toy.)

Employee: “I can offer you a replacement or gift voucher, but without the receipt I can’t give you a cash refund.”

Customer: “No, you’ll give me a refund in cash.”

Employee: “I can’t do that without the receipt. If the toy is faulty I can replace it for you, or you can choose something else.”

Customer: “No, you’ll give me £120 in cash, out of the till. End of.”

Grandson: “Nana, you’re not allowed to say ‘end of’ to people.”

Customer: “Shush, I’ll say what I like. I’m allowed to say what I like. They just don’t want to give me £120 out of the f****** till.”

Grandson: “You’re not allowed to say the f-word, Nana!”

Customer: “Shut up.”

Employee: “I’m really sorry, but without your receipt I can’t do a cash refund. If you come back with your receipt we’ll be able to give you a refund.”

Customer: “F*** off!”

Grandson: *to employee* “I’m sorry my nana said that. She doesn’t know you’re not allowed to say the f-word.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!