Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Playing The Roll Of The Manager

| Right | July 24, 2014

(I have a project due that requires me to dress up really nicely and give a presentation. It goes very well, so my husband decides to take me out to lunch right after the class. I am still dressed up really nicely. The entire time my husband and I have sat at the table, an older man keeps looking at me and shuffling in his seat but I ignore it. I get up to go to the bathroom and when I come out, I find him standing outside the ladies’ room.)

Old Man: *still doing a little shuffle* “You’re out of toilet paper.”

Me: “What?”

Old Man: *getting upset* “You’re out of toilet paper in the men’s room!”

Me: “Uh… I don’t work here. You should find an employee.”

Old Man: *getting more upset* “But you look like you’re the manager! You sure you can’t get some toilet paper in there? I have to go, but I didn’t want to interrupt your break. But, I really have to go and I shouldn’t have to wait on you to do my business!”

Me: “Sir, I’m sorry, but I really don’t work here. I just had a big presentation at school today. Again, find an employee and I’m sure they’ll help you.”

Old Man: “BUT YOU LOOK LIKE THE MANAGER!”

(Finally, after his outburst, the ACTUAL manager came over, asking what was going on. I explained my side and the old man blamed me for the lack of toilet paper! The real manager quickly replaced the toilet paper and even gave me and my husband a free appetizer on the house for our trouble. The old man glared at me throughout the rest of my meal, but hey, free appetizer!)


This story is part of our “I Don’t Work Here” roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!