Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Very Closed Minded

| Right | August 26, 2014

(I am working closing shift. The last staff member has left and I am on my own to count the day’s takings. Our store closes at 7 pm on Thursdays, due to it being in a dark, remote area. A man knocks on the door. It’s dark outside.)

Me: “Sorry, we are closed.”

Customer: “But I really need to get something. Let me in.”

Me: “No, I can’t let you in. We are closed.”

Customer: “Just let me in. I’ll be quick.”

Me: “NO. We are closed. The registers are closed down.”

Customer: “Can’t I just pass the money under the door and you get me [item]?”

Me: *knowing I would have to open door to pass the item out* “No, sorry, can’t do that. Our stores in [Location #1] and [Location #2] will be open until 9pm. You need to go there.”

Customer: “But they are too far!”

Me: “NO. I CAN’T HELP YOU!”

(I felt shaken as I finished the count and put the money into the safe. I didn’t have a good feeling about this man, so after turning the lights off I waited 10 minutes out of sight in the hope that he thought I’d left by another door, even though my car – the only one in the parking lot – was right outside the door he was knocking on.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!