Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not So Closed Minded, Part 5

| Right | December 11, 2014

(I work in a Christmas shop that opens for three months every year. Due to this, we often get shop space on the outside of a large mall or away from the main facilities. There’s no bathroom, so when we have to, we lock the store, leave a ‘back soon!’ note, and run. As I am returning from a bathroom break that took less than five minutes I see a woman pulling on the locked doors. Knowing I wasn’t going to be long, I only dropped one of the two deadbolts, and locked it with a key. It would not open when I tested it. As I walk towards her the woman kicks & wrenches the door open, even getting her son involved to pull. They manage to open the door!)

Me: “Ma’am, the door was actually shut and locked!”

Customer: “What? ”

Me: “We were shut temporarily, and the door was locked!”

(I check the door, and she has managed to pull the bolt out from the socket, and has forced the other door in!)

Customer: “Oh. You should have put a sign up! I didn’t know you were closed!”

Me: “Ma’am, there is a sign—” *points to the A4 sign on bright red paper* “—and you had to notice you struggled with the door?”

Customer: “That’s why I kicked it!”

Me: *boggle*

(Thankfully she hadn’t kicked through the GLASS doors, but I spent half an hour running around after her four-year-old son who decided snow globes should bounce. They didn’t buy anything.)

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!