Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Really Dressing The Issue

, , | Working | October 9, 2014

(I am closing the bridal store with only Coworker #1 this night because someone left early. Coworker #2, who left early, is notorious for not putting dresses away, and was last seen helping a large bridal party try on a number of bridesmaid’s dresses. Since it’s also prom season, it’s been a very busy day, and we’ve just finished putting away about 50 dresses each.)

Me: “I can’t believe [Coworker #2] left early again. Why does she actually bother to come in?”

Coworker: “And she always leaves her fitting rooms a mess!”

Me: “I know! Wait, have we checked down her hallway yet?”

Coworker: “No, but I saw her putting a few dresses back before she left, so I’m sure it’s fine.”

Me: “I think I might actually cry if I have to put any more dresses away. I had six brides today, three of them at the same time, and I think they wanted to try on every dress in the store!”

(Sure enough, when we checked Coworker #2’s fitting rooms there were three rooms FULL of at least 30 dresses each. We were there for another hour putting away dresses and then finally cleaning the store before we could go home. The kicker? When we confronted her about it on her next shift, she just laughed and said she didn’t care.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!