Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Never Too Chicken To Love Your Mother

| Learning | December 12, 2016

(It’s Mother’s Day and my second grade class is having an event where they can invite their moms to the class for a party. They did an activity earlier where they had to write a paper about what they like about their mothers. I left all the papers out on a table for the moms to see. I see one of my students run over to the table, find his paper, and write something on it.)

Me: “What are you doing?”

Boy: “Just making a correction.”

(I assume he was fixing a spelling error or something similar. When it’s time for the moms to visit, I show them over to the papers. One mom laughs.)

Me: “What’s up?”

Mother: “This is hilarious. It’s so him to do something like this!”

(I see that she was looking at the boy’s paper. I see what he wrote.)

Crossed Out: “Mom, I love you more than chicken. You are awesome because you can make all the chicken I want.”

Correction: “I just found out how to make chicken. You’re good, too.”


This story is part of our Mother’s Day 2021 roundup!

Read the next Mother’s Day 2021 roundup story!

Read the Mother’s Day 2021 roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!