Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Show-Crime!

| Right | March 14, 2017

(I’ve sold a ticket to a man for a 4:00 pm show-time. A few minutes later, I see him out of the corner of my eye entering the theater. I should note, it’s not even 1:00 pm yet. There’s an earlier showing of the movie already playing, plus a 2:00 pm showing before the one he bought tickets to. I call a manager who goes into the theater and comes out with the man. I hear the following exchange.)

Manager: “I understand you bought a ticket to the 4:00 pm show-time. If you’d like to see the rest of the current show-time, I’ll have to ask you to exchange your ticket for it or buy a ticket to get in.”

Customer: “But this one is already playing!”

Manager: “I understand, sir.”

Customer: “Why can’t I just go see this one?”

Manager: “Because you didn’t buy a ticket to this show-time.”

Customer: “But I bought a ticket to the 4:00 pm show-time! So I should be able to watch the end of this.”

Manager: “That’s not how that works, sir.”

Customer: “Why not?”

Manager: “Sir, you bought a ticket for a specific show-time. You need to go to that show-time.”

Customer: *acting like he’s the smartest guy in the world* “But I just figured I’d watch the end of this one, then I could also see the two o’clock show-time AND the four o’clock show-time!”

Manager: *taken aback* “Sir, you essentially just told me you’re paying for one show-time, but seeing three movies.”

Customer: *proud* “Yup!”

Manager: “Sir, that’s basically stealing.”

Customer: “How so?”

Manager: “You’re viewing two shows without paying for them!”

Customer: “But how is it stealing? I’m not taking them home.”

Manager: “You’re using a paid service without paying for it.”

Customer: “But it can’t be stealing if I’m not taking the movie home!”

Manager: “Seriously? You’re acquiring and using a service without paying for it. What else would you call it besides stealing of services?”

Customer: *beaming* “Being a smart customer who knows his rights!”

Manager: “Speaking of rights, you know I have the right to kick you out, right?”

Customer: *suddenly bolting towards the exit door* “I’ll be back at four!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!