Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s All Greek To Me(an)

| Working | July 27, 2016

(I am on a conducted tour to Greece with some older men and women. When we stop at a restaurant, being rather old-fashioned Swedes, the older people on the tour want to be served meatballs and mashed potatoes. The restaurant complies. A young waiter serves them their food and speaks to them with a huge smile on his face.)

Waiter: *in Greek* “So, meatballs and mash just like in Sweden, huh? Should I chew the food for you as well, you babies? F***** simpletons, the lot of you.”

(He continues to make rude and derogatory comments to them the whole time, but since he is smiling, has a polite tone and the old people don’t speak Greek, they just think he is a charming young man. Unbeknownst to him, however, I happen to know Greek, so when the waiter comes to me…)

Me: *stands up and says in Greek* DON’T YOU SAY ANOTHER F****** WORD, OR I’LL BEND YOU OVER THE TABLE RIGHT HERE AND NOW, YOU PUNK!”

(The color drained from the waiter’s face and the owner, who stood nearby, almost died of laughter.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!