Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

High… On Tipping

| Right | March 26, 2017

(I am delivering pizza and see that the next house is in my neighborhood. Walking up to the front door, I can smell weed. I ring the doorbell. Customer #1 opens the door and I can clearly see that his eyes are bloodshot.)

Customer #1: “Hey, it’s the pizza guy!”

Me: “Hi, your total is $16.59.”

Customer #1: *talking to his friend* “Hey! I thought you paid for this over credit card?”

Me: “Uhm…” *pointing at receipt* “It says it’s a cash order.”

(At this point everyone was running around trying to figure out what to do, so I just hand them the pizza. Then Customer #2 walks out.)

Customer #2: “So, we think we’ll pay with credit card.”

Me: “All right, just call back at [Pizza Store], and they should fix your order.”

(Customer #1 rushes towards me, panting and out of breath.)

Customer #1: “Okay, so I think we’re paying cash.”

Me: *confused* “Uh… Someone just said that they’re paying with credit card?”

Customer #1: “That’s weird. Well, I’m paying with cash.” *puts a wad of money in my hands*

(At this point, I’m really confused on what’s happening. As I’m walking back to my car, Customer #2 runs out and hands me a $10 bill. I made $25 in tips and they eventually called the store to pay in credit. Best. Night. Ever.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!