Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Feast Your Eyes On Me Hanging Up On You

Right | March 27, 2017

(I work for a call center for the public library system in my county. We’re the main phone line for the entire system as well as a hotline where patrons can call and ask us anything. I’ve been on the phone for several minutes with a customer who has a bad connection but refuses to call back, so there’s a lot of static on the line. She’s been asking for phone numbers in another state, and I’m coming up with nothing. Finally she asks for a number in-state and I mistakenly give her incorrect information, which gets her very irate and she begins to yell at me.)

Me: “Ma’am, I’d like to continue helping you, but you’re going to have to be civil and patient with me. You cannot yell at me.”

Patron: *angrily* “You don’t need to know why I need this phone number! My sister could be having a crisis so just give me the number!”

Me: “Ma’am, I never asked why you needed it. I’m trying to find that number, but you need to be patient with me while I look for that phone number.” *I finally find it and get ready to give it to her*

Patron: *in a low, growling voice* “I want to cut your eyeballs out of your head and fry them in a f****** frying pan.”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m terminating the call.” *hangs up*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!