Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Has A Suite Ending

| Working | May 16, 2016

(My husband and I are on the last stop of our Hawaiian honeymoon in Kauai and go to check into the resort I’ve been looking forward to the most. At our other resorts we parked at valet but since self-park is so close to the entrance we figure why not save $20? As my husband is parking, I’m getting us checked in. The very nice clerk and I chat for a bit about the honeymoon and whatnot. He is running my credit card to put a financial hold on it for the room charge. When it doesn’t go through the first time he tries running it several more times. Then my email goes crazy with alerts from my credit card company as three-four charges have gone through for $1500+ each.)

Me: “Wait, wait, wait! I think those charges are going through!”

(I show him the emails, trying not to panic.)

Clerk: “I’m so sorry. Let me go get that taken care of.”

(The clerk disappears at this point for maybe five minutes and my husband arrives from parking the car. After a short time the clerk returns.)

Clerk: “Okay, I spoke to my manager and got the charge issue corrected.”

Me: “Great, thank you!”

Clerk: “Thank you for being patient.”

Me: *obviously joking* “I mean, grrr, we want an upgrade.”

Clerk: “Oh, I’ve done that, too. You’re now staying in our presidential suite; it’s the nicest room in the resort.”

Me: “No, wait, no, I was kidding! I don’t need an upgrade.”

Clerk: “You’re on your honeymoon! Enjoy!”

(My husband and I both offer a stunned thank you, still not certain what the “nicest” room means. It turns out to be a 2800 sq ft suite (several times larger than our tiny 500 sq ft NYC apartment) with a full kitchen, four-person hot tub, and three balconies.)

Husband: “I’m pretty sure we are the first people staying in this room that used self-park!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!