Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Tanking By The End Of Your Shift

| Working | May 17, 2016

(I tend to be one of those workers who will come in despite being sick and will work until I almost pass out or become physically ill. This story happens on one of those days. I happen across a toy train car that’s meant for transporting sea creatures, but the plastic animals barely move with how small the tanks are.)

Me: “But- but the tanks are too small for the critters.”

Coworker: “What?”

Me: *turning and gesturing at them with the toy, getting more distressed* “The tanks are too small for the critters.”

Coworker: “They aren’t real, you know.”

Me: “I know, but the tanks are too small for the critters.”

Coworker: “How about you just… go see [Manager]? Let her know how you’re doing.”

(I go and relay what happened to my manager, who stares at me for a long moment afterwards.)

Manager: “Well, do you think you can hang in there until [Coworker] comes in? If you can make it until then you can go ahead home, hun. Get some rest and get better.”

Me: “What about the critters?”

Manager: “The critters will be fine, [My Name].”

Me: “But… the tanks are too small.”

Manager: “Go take your fifteen.”

(I managed to make it until my coworker made it in, and ended up going home early. After some cold/flu medicine and some rest, I was no longer worried about the plastic sea creatures having room in their tanks.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!