Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Hail To The Bus Driver, Part 4

, , , | Hopeless | November 28, 2016

(In high school I would take three buses to and from school. Our school provided a semester pass to ride for free. One day I was robbed and had my ID stolen, so I had to start paying for the bus. The route that I caught after school was always the same driver. I am getting on bus and counting out my change.)

Regular Bus Driver: “Whoa, what’s going on? I know you’re not about to pay on my bus!”

Me: “Oh, yeah, sorry. I was robbed; they stole my bus pass and I can’t afford to buy a new one.”

Regular Bus Driver: *quietly* “How many buses do you catch after this one?”

Me: *confused* “Two more.”

Regular Bus Driver: *loudly* “HEY! What’s going on my friend!” *reaches hand out to shake mine*

Me: *shakes his hand* “Not much, same old stuff.”

Regular Bus Driver: *to me* “Shhhh!”

(I looked at what he passed me, and it was two transfers. He continued to do this for the remainder of the school year to make sure I made it home each day, and if he was going to be off, he let me know so I would have money that day.)

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!