Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Giraffe’s Are The Sweetest Animal

| Right | November 11, 2015

(My family owns a specialty chocolate shop that’s known for doing molded chocolate figures of animals and sports equipment. I’ve been working here since I was old enough to see over the counter. It’s been slow and I’m the only employee here.)

Customer: *walking in* “Hi. I was wondering if you have any more chocolate-covered giraffes?”

Me: “…Chocolate covered? No. We do have chocolate giraffes…”

Customer: “So you have chocolate-covered giraffes!”

Me: “Um, no. We have solid chocolate giraffes.”

Customer: “Yeah! So you have chocolate-covered giraffes!”

Me: “No, sir, we don’t. I’m not going to go to Lincoln Park Zoo and get you a giraffe and pour chocolate over it.”

Customer: “But you just said you have chocolate-covered giraffes.”

Me: “Chocolate giraffes! We do not carry chocolate-covered giraffes! I’m pretty sure that’s illegal…”

Customer: “But I don’t get why you don’t have chocolate-covered giraffes! You should have chocolate-covered giraffes…”

Me: “SIR! We don’t have any chocolate-covered giraffes! What we have are lots of very small, three-inch giraffe figures that are molded out of chocolate!”

Customer: “Oh! …How is that different from what I said?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!