Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Donut Be Late!

| Working | February 12, 2017

(I am about to close the shop and get it ready for when I open tomorrow and the owner gives me a call.)

Owner: “Hey, just letting you know I’m going to have [Coworker] open with you tomorrow because it’s going to be a busy day.”

Me: “Okay, great! Thanks for letting me know!”

(The following morning comes, and I show up half an hour before opening to get the store ready, like usual. But an employee at another location calls with a ton of questions, so I’m behind on opening and people are starting to wait outside the door with no sign of my coworker. A couple minutes before I open the doors, I call her.)

Coworker: *answers phone, sounding groggy* “Hello?”

Me: “Hey, just wondering where you were. You were supposed to open with me this morning, and I’m about to open.”

Coworker: “Yeah, sorry, my alarm didn’t go off. I’ll be there as soon as I can.” *she lives over an hour away* “I’m going to pick up some donuts along the way.”

Me: “Um, okay… but I really need you to be here.”

Coworker: “Hey, I was in the military for 25 years. If you’re running late, you buy donuts.”

Me: “Sounds good. See you soon!”

(I was able to handle the morning rush which wasn’t as bad as anticipated because of the pouring rain. I wasn’t even mad because I just finished observing Passover (aka no bread or grains for a week) and got free donuts! Got to keep the extra, too!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!