Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Making Them Go Postal

| Working | February 11, 2017

Due to his military duties, my husband and I are living in different states for awhile. He is using my address as his billing address, as all he has at training is a PO box.

I open all the mail that arrives here addressed to him, since it will be months before he is home.

When his credit card is due to expire, his bank sends him a new one to my address, with a note that his old card will deactivate by a certain date, now seven days away. I know this is his only credit card, so I immediately stick it all in a new envelope to mail to his PO box. I pause before writing “please do not bend” on the envelope; I think, would this perhaps anger a postal employee and cause him or her to deliberately mistreat the parcel? No! Quit being so paranoid. These are professionals! I wrote “please do not bend” so they would know to please treat it extra carefully.

Thankfully my husband receives the card exactly one week later, on the deactivation date and calls to tell me. His first words are, “Sweetie, not only did they bend it, they cracked the credit card clean in half.”

This does not happen in the course of normal mail; someone deliberately destroyed it. I wish I could call someone and complain, but it’s impossible! It’s the perfect crime. Luckily, my husband called his bank and they over-nighted him a new card to his temporary housing. But I have learned a valuable lesson in writing polite warnings on my parcels. So much for their being professionals!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!