Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Be Carrot-ful Who Serves You

| Working | October 5, 2012

(I have a quite unusual allergy. I can’t eat carrots or anything in the carrot family, and I have quite a severe reaction that requires hospitalisation. This includes carrots, coriander, celery, fennel, parsley and parsnips.)

Me: “I’m really sorry, but I do have a food allergy that the chefs should know about.”

Waitress: *rolls eyes* “Right. What do you want, then?

Me: “Erm, well, do you know what vegetables there are in your veggie burger?”

Waitress: *sighs* “No. Do you really want me to go all the way to the kitchen in these shoes just to ask?”

(Note: the waitress is wearing very high heels.)

Me: “No, love, don’t worry about it. I’ll just have the allergic reaction with a side of convulsions, followed by a good trip to A&E!”

(At this point, my friend bursts out laughing and the waitress totters off to the kitchen to speak to the chef. Luckily, the chef came out, apologised for the waitress and dealt with the rest of our order.)


This story is part of our Food Allergies roundup!

Read the next Food Allergies roundup story!

Read the Food Allergies roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!