Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

And The Trophy For The Most Pointless Complaint Goes To…

, , | Right | March 15, 2024

One of the services our business offers is to sell trophies and make custom plaques and engravings for them. This means many customers come back once a year to add the name of the most recent winner. It’s usually the winner’s job to bring in the trophy and get their name added.

Today, I got to witness an infamous customer who comes in roughly once every year.

Customer: *Heavy sigh* “Here I am again…”

Coworker: “Oh, hello! Here you are again!”

My coworker gives me a pointed look as we both recognise who this is.

Customer: *Puts a small trophy on the table* “Here is the ugly thing. I hate it.”

For whatever reason, this woman comes in every time she wins to get her name engraved, and every time, she moans about how ugly the trophy is. I’m almost disappointed. It’s a pretty standard trophy. It looks like a metal goblet on a wooden stand.

Coworker: *Trying to lighten the mood* “You won, though! That’s nice.”

Customer: “Yeah, I suppose. But it’s so awful that I don’t even keep it on display. I just keep it in my locker at work.”

Coworker: “Well… I suppose you can’t always choose your own prize, huh?”

Customer: “Oh. No, I was the one who picked it out in the first place.”

My coworker and I just stared at each other. She’s been coming in for years, always expressing how much she hates it, and has never made any attempt to fix or make changes to what is for all intents and purposes HER trophy. Perhaps she just likes complaining?

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!