Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Ocean Of Reasons To Kick Them Out

| Right | July 25, 2014

(I work at a famous English theme park, specifically in the sea life centre. As part of my job I supervise the rock pools where customers can touch and feel starfish, cleaning shrimp, crabs etc. The customer has been standing with his child with his hands in the rock pool for a good ten minutes, despite the queue behind him.)

Customer: “Can these shrimp live out of the water, then?”

Me: “It is quite dangerous for them to be taken out of the water for long, sir.”

Customer: “What about the starfish?”

Me: “They also should be left in the water at all times.”

Customer: “Can my son hold one?”

Me: “He can hold them under the water, sir, but we don’t permit guests taking the sea life away from the water. He can also let the cleaner shrimp clean his hands under the water, but they can’t be taken out either.”

(The customer and his son completely ignore what I just said and grab a starfish, holding it in the air.)

Me: “Sir, I’ll need you to put that starfish back in the water! You really can’t take the sea life out of the water, and although you’re more than welcome to come and queue again the other customers are waiting their turn.”

(The customer mutters to his son while laughing, despite the fact that I can clearly hear them.)

Customer: “Get a shrimp, d***-head!”

(The next thing I know the boy has walked away practically crushing a cleaner shrimp in his hand. It took me and three other co-workers to escort the now swearing man and his not-so-pleasant son out of the sea life centre. And yes, the little boy killed the poor cleaner shrimp.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!