Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Truly Colorful Office

| Working | November 27, 2014

(I have just had a bad meeting and need to vent. I go to my colleague at another department to talk and joke around. Note that this department happens to be a very racially diverse department.)

Me: “Oh, [Colleague]? They are actually French/Indian.”

Colleague #1: *who is Anglo/Indian* “Really? She’s pretty. Maybe I should get with a French man.”

Colleague #2: *who is Filipino* “The Eurasian look is good. But you may need some more Asian first.”

Colleague #3: *who is African* “You know what really goes well with any race? Africans.”

Me: “Oh, that is true. My friend, their parents are African and Malaysian. Best genetics anywhere.”

Colleague #2: “Oh, yeah. I can see that working out.”

Colleague #3: “Well, you know, I can help out there. Just give me a call.”

(There is a short pause in the office.)

Colleague #4: *who is Caucasian* “Wait. What?”

Colleague #3: “Huh… Oh, no! My friends! I was talking about my friends from Africa!”

(Everyone just cracks up laughing.)

Me: “I was about to say, what about [Wife]? Is she in on this?”

(Colleague #3’s phone rings.)

Colleague #3: “Oh, that’s her.” *picks up* “That’s awkward, but I might as well find out.”

Colleague #2: “Gonna tell her that we were just talking about you selling your sperm?”

Me: “Or her ovaries. They will bring in more money.”

(Needless to say, their department was the best to mellow out with given how casual everyone was.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!