Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Santa Clause, Part 3

| Related | December 25, 2013

(My family is on vacation for Christmas, so we agree to leave the presents at home and have Christmas when we get back. My older sister and I are technically too old to believe in Santa, but never admit it to our parents, because we want extra presents and we don’t want to kill the magic. I recently got made fun of at school for letting it slip that I still get presents from Santa. Because of this, my mom wants to stop the tradition.)

Me: “Wait, so is Santa delivering presents again this year? And Santa can just have his presents in our present opening party at home too?”

Mom: “Don’t you think you guys are a little old for each other?”

Me: “Okay, fine, you’re right. I don’t actually believe in Santa, but it’s a tradition, and why should his physical nonexistence change a tradition? So can he give us presents this year?”

Older Sister: “NO! DON’T SAY THAT! SANTA IS REAL! BELIEVE!”

Mom: “Fine, but I don’t know what you’ll do when you guys have kids.”

Me: “I suppose I will have to do it for both our families.”

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!